Which features would urgently bust your wallet open?
I know more than a few people that have lusted for a Sequential Pro 8, a synthesizer like a Sequential Pro 3 but with 8 polyphonic voices. I am one of those people, but I’m going to take it a step farther.
I would discontinue the entire Sequential line, with the exception of the Sequential Prophet 5/10.
The Sequential Prophet Pro
These are the models I would offer instead:
- Prophet Pro 1688 – 16 voices, 88 keys – $5999
- Prophet Pro 1661 – 16 voices, 61 keys – $4999
- Prophet Pro 861 – 8 voices, 61 keys – $3999
- Prophet Pro 16M – 16 voices, module – $3999
- Prophet Pro 8M – 8 voices, module – $2999
- Prophet Pro 437 – 4 voices, 37 keys – $2499
- Prophet Pro 437P – 4 paraphonic voices, 37 keys – $1999
- Prophet Pro 237P – 2 paraphonic voices, 37 keys – $1499
- Prophet Pro 2PM – 2 paraphonic voices, module – $999
No models would upgrade to another, sorry folks.
I would expect the paraphonic models to have some features trimmed due to cost considerations. Here’s the feature list of the 4/8/16 voice polyphonic models.
6 oscillators total per (polyphonic) voice
- 2 analog, voltage-controlled oscillators
- Analog oscillators produce four classic wave shapes: (sine, triangle, saw, variable-width pulse) with variable shape modulation on each
- 2 digital with wavetable oscillators
- Digital oscillators produce 64 digital wavetables of 5-128 waves each, wave morphing, sample lengths of 256/1024/2048, plus classic wave shapes (sine, triangle, saw, variable-width pulse) and super saw
- 2 sample instrument oscillators
- Compatible with the Prophet X and all its samples and features
- 1TB SSD
- Improved sample utilities
- I love the Sequential workflow/screen, but I think a screen perhaps double the vertical size with graphic representations even live, of envelopes, LFOs and waveforms would be a real useful upgrade.
- Serial, parallel and oscillator split modes
- 4 analog filters – LP 12db, LP 24db, HP, and BP
- 6 digital filters – Including comb filters and bit crushers
- 6 user & 3rd party installable digital filters, set a sysex standard!
Envelopes and LFOs
- 6 envelopes
- 6 LFOs
- Essentially the same as the Pro 3 with 8 note polyphony
Mod Matrix, and CV
- Essentially the same as the Pro 3
- Dual digital effects
- Stereo delay, BBD delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, ring mod, vintage rotating speaker, distortion, high-pass filter, super plate reverb
Well, that it for a basic framework, tell me what you want in comments.
Be sure to join the
revolutionOSC Facebook Group